Top Tips for Keeping Cockroaches Out of Your Home
More often than not, you are sharing your home with other tenants and roommates that are not human. And they are not paying their rent. However, they take advantage of your living space and hide in nooks and corners so you cannot spot them easily and evict them on time. And even when you finally spot them, it is not that easy to make them leave. Yep, these are the kind of roommates no one want to have but it often happen that they come unannounced and unexpectedly and they stay for far too long than what is appropriate. Of course, these are the cockroaches.
No one wants to deal with a cockroach invasion in their home, however, most of us would do at a certain point in our lives. Cockroaches are, indeed, one of the most dreaded pests that homeowners will run into. Naturally, we all will be ready to do whatever it takes to get rid of these annoying and disgusting tenants and make sure they will never come back again. Cockroaches are filthy pests that infest pretty easily and soon will take over the entire house or apartment if you neglect them for far too long and you don’t take the proper precautions on time.
However, cockroaches are not only dirty and disgusting, making the hairs on your body stand up when you spot one of them in your kitchen, bathroom, or wherever they may decide to walk around in your home. Additionally and probably most importantly, cockroaches are also a threat to your health as their droppings are known for triggering allergies, increasing the severity of asthma symptoms, especially when it comes to children. Cockroaches can also transmit deceases. In fact, they are true talents at doing that since they can transmit more than thirty different kinds of bacteria, six different parasitic worms, more than seven human pathogens.
So it is safe to say that cockroaches are not welcomed even in the homes of the biggest animal lovers. Unfortunately, if you are living in an apartment building, there is a higher chance to be visited by a bunch of cockroaches, especially if your next door neighbours are not cleaning regularly. The more often you skip cleaning thoroughly, the higher the risk of a cockroach invasion is since these pests simply love warm, humid, and dirty places with food and water sources available at all times. Eliminating this kind of environments that are found lovely by the cockroaches will lower your chance of being infested by cockroaches.
Unfortunately, not all cockroaches are the same, Like literary, there are different kinds of cockroaches infesting your home and different kinds may require different measures to get rid of them. Therefore, it is not recommended to try to deal with them on your own and we highly recommend you contacting a reliable and reputable pest control company that will determine the right approach for making sure these creatures are not feeling too comfortable at your home.
Here are some five additional tips that will help you keep the cockroaches out of your lovely home:
• Make sure to seal all cracks and holes around the foundation, entryways, and windows that may allow access into your apartment or home.
• Food attracts cockroaches so make sure to regularly clean all nooks and corners of the kitchen and dining room, especially the oven and the kitchen counters. Avoid leaving behind food and crumbs.
• Crawl spaces, basements, and any other high humidity and moisture areas of the home should be ventilated properly and regularly so you can prevent moisture build up.
• Keep your garbage in sealed containers and trash them out regularly.
• Cockroaches love kitchens and bathrooms where there is more moisture, water and food leftovers, which makes these places the perfect areas for infestation. Therefore, it is very important to keep a close attention to these rooms of your home and especially under appliances and sinks. Clean them regularly and properly and make sure to prevent the build up of moisture.